Friday, June 24, 2011

Plugs and Pleas

I'm about to dive into a series of blogs on roses and I wanted to clarify one simple point.   I will be mentioning one particular company for own root roses....and I think it's worth mentioning....that I am NOT being paid to be their spokes-person.  I wish I were.   You know how some people become Avon reps or Candle Company reps or Tupperware reps because they spend so much money on the product that they may as well start selling it from their living room  and get a discount?  This is me for this one company.

I can only dream that some day this particular company will read my posts and say 'well thanks for telling people about us, here's a discount or free roses...' so if you do read my posts and go to this place and order something perhaps tell them about how you heard about them...and my dream can come true. :)   No, sadly...or happily, I'm not a case for Miracle Network one last wishes....so you the people have the power.  

:)   And yes, I actually have their store number in my cell phone as a contact. :)   I also used to call them weekly/monthly when I first started growing things and I would say 'is this normal?'  and 'now what do I do?'....it was like I was a new mother and somehow forgot how easy my Mom made it look but when the child is crying in my hands I space on what to do....

Also, I'm sure there are other companies that sell similar things but I stick with this one for good service, and because I've seen their set up despite not living there, and because it's what I know.   When you are trying to learn from your mistakes it's easier if you don't have a zillion variables in the mix.   Scientists have the control method for testing hypothesis...this is my version of the control method.   All things being equal...what actions really impact the outcome, etc.

And, with that, happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment